Mallory Valley Utility District
What information is collected from you and why
If all you do during your visit to MVUD.ORG is browse the site, download information or read pages, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information will not identify you personally.
We do not use this data for marketing or commercial purposes.
The only information we automatically collect and store is the public information collected by Google Analytics, such as:
1. Your Fully Qualified Domain Name (Domain Name), of your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and/or your computer, if your computer has a domain name specifically assigned to it.
2. Your IP Address (the number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our web site
3. The Browser Type you use to access our site (e.g. Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
4. The Operating System you use to access our site (e.g. Windows 8, Mac OSX, Linux, etc.)
5. The Date and Time you accessed our site
6. The Pages you visited
7. The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the page you started from (for example: google.com), that linked you to our web site, if you did not access our page by typing in MVUD.ORG.
8. Any additional non-private information that is readily available using Google Analytics.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors. Learning about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technologies they use, helps us improve the web site and the services we offer. In order to accomplish these goals, we are constantly conducting statistical analyses of the data we collect and are aggressively improving our hardware and software to meet your needs.
How voluntarily provided information is used
If you voluntarily send us information, i.e. you fill out a form requesting information, it will be used for governmental purposes only, although it would be subject to disclosure to the extent required by law by the State of Tennessee’s Public Records Act. The governmental purposes for which we will use such information could include, without limitation:
1. Helping us respond to your request for information
2. To look into a problem you are bringing to our attention
3. To keep lists of interested people (e.g. prospective vendors or employees)
We will not rent or sell information identifying you as a particular person (name, address, phone number, etc.) to third parties, without your express permission, although again, this information would be subject to disclosure to the extent required by law by the State of Tennessee’s Public Records Act, and we may charge a
fee to the requestor to recover any costs expended in responding to a request under that Act. We will not disclose credit card information, except for purposes related to your credit card transaction, or with your permission.
Our policy on "cookies"
A cookie is a small data file that certain Web sites write to your hard drive when you visit them. A cookie file can contain information such as a session ID that the site uses to track the pages you've visited, but the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our web site, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser, although you may not be able to take full advantage of this web site if you do so. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use or navigate through many parts of our web site, except access to certain web pages that require a login and password.
For more detailed information on cookies, visit Microsoft's information on cookie management.
The information posted on the MVUD.ORG website includes hypertext links or pointers to information and services created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. Mallory Valley Utility District provides these links and pointers solely for your information and convenience. When you select a link to an outside website, you are subject to the privacy, copyright, security, and information quality policies of that website. Mallory Valley Utility District:
1. DOES NOT control or guarantee the accuracy, legality, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website;
2. DOES NOT endorse linked websites, the views they express, or the products/services they offer;
3. CANNOT authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites;
4. IS NOT responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites;
5. DOES NOT control or guarantee the security or the privacy of the linked websites.
You use these sites at your own risk.
Use of MVUD.ORG by Children
We do not specifically solicit information from minors or information that will enable us to determine if the user is a minor. Since we do not restrict users based on their ages, we would like to ask parents to assist their children when children are asked to provide personal information online. We will also ask that children get their parents' permission before providing any information online. Any information submitted by a minor, will be treated as information submitted by an adult, since we are not able to determine the user's actual age.
The content of MVUD.ORG web pages is copyrighted and contains some third-party graphics/images that are used with the copyright holder's consent. If you wish to use any of this content, you must obtain permission from the copyright holder before reproducing or otherwise using those graphics/images.
The Mallory Valley Utility District is committed to the responsible use of the information entrusted to it and to protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of that information. However, information security in not an absolute and Mallory Valley cannot absolutely guarantee the security of the information that it handles. Mallory Valley does strive to maintain a reasonable continuous process for implementing, reviewing and improving data security.
We aspire to fully protect citizen information through the use of multiple information security controls, including technical, administrative and physical controls.
By using MVUD.ORG, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement. Mallory Valley Utility District reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement and its privacy practices without notice.