Return to Home Page
Call us at 615-628-0237

Our History
Jim Dunn and Charlie Shipley in 1993Mallory Valley is named for John Mallory, son of revolutionary war veteran Roger Mallory. John Mallory moved to Williamson County in 1812 where he met and married Sarah Crocket. The couple built their home on a 109-acre tract of land and lived there until his death in 1860. The home burned in 1912 but a springhouse can still be seen on Mallory Lane.

Mallory Valley Utility District of Williamson County was founded in 1966 by Charlie Shipley, James Pewitt and John Curley. At a time when well water was the only option available to residents living outside of the city limits, Shipley, Pewitt and Curley began talking about forming a water utility district with the residents who lived on Franklin Road and Berry's Chapel Road, most of whom were experiencing a scarcity of water. Mallory Valley Utility District began with seventy-five customers.

Order of Creation
MVUD Expansion 1973

    Contact Us

    Mallory Valley Utility District serves customers in parts of Brentwood and Franklin, Tennessee.

    465 Duke Drive
    Franklin, TN 37067

    Government Websites by Municipal One ®